Dear Ulv,

> My problem is that every user sees every other users
> databases. Is there a way to setup mysql so that every local user has
his
> own empty database? Please tell me how this has to be set up.

When they can state "show databases", other users will see databases
where they have no access rights. They cannot see anything inside of
these databases, though, if the access rights are set correctly, like
this:

    GRANT ALL ON user1_db TO "user1"@"localhost" IDENTIFIED BY "some_pw"

For user1, you would then create an empty database:

    CREATE DATABASE user1_db

See http://www.mysql.com/doc/G/R/GRANT.html for details.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz
  Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect e-commerce solutions GmbH