Elizabeth Alderton schrieb am Mittwoch, 22. August 2001, 17:00:53:

> If I do a SELECT query to bring data down to a PC (this is
> being done through Delphi) how can I encrypt the data so that
> it comes safely?

> Equally when doing UPDATE and INSERT in the other direction I
> would want to encrypt the data.

Some people do it with ssh, and it seems to be quite complicated,
so that it may be worthwhile to wait for 4.0.

If you have only small sets of data, you may want to consider
simple SSL protocol.  This is what everybody does when collecting
user data like addresses and credit card numbers.

--
Herzlich

Werner

MySQL in Deutschland: Anpassung, Unterstützung, Schulung für Sie
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Dr. Werner Stürenburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Consultant
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Bielefeld, Germany
       <___/   www.mysql.com   +49-5224-997-407  Fax -409