Hi all,

Brand new to this list.

I have MySQL running happily on my NT laptop. I decided it was time to
migrate to Linux so I have set up an old Mac (nubus) with Linux-PPC-2000Q4
and have tried to install MySQL with varying degrees of difficulty.

After some very futile attempts at a source compilation due to mising
headers I have downloaded  the version 3.23.27 ppc.rpm and rpm -i'd it. I
now see that the daemon is indeed running but I have no control over it.

There is no mysql folder outside the /var/bin/ folder so I cannot set up
passwords or create databases etc.

Can I just add a client to do this for me (if so where do I get it and how
do I install over the daemon?) or is there another package which I should
install to replace the one which is running (how do I stop it without any
control?)

Sorry my first posting is such a bummer.

Regards

George Pitcher

Technical Manager
HERON Project