On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:05:35AM +0800, Osman Omar wrote:
> Hi,

Hi yourself.  Sorry for my last reply.  I regret the insult.

> Example, I have data inside my table
>
> id  model data_in
> 1  str-de453  20010910
>
> Now I have new update data inside text file
>
> eg     model          date_in
>    str-de453 20010911
>
> How can I use LOAD DATA INFILE ....REPLACE to update new data into my table
> ***I read manual but cannot file any example***
> thanks

The definition is (stolen from MySQL by Paul DuBois, pg. 565):

  load data [low_priority] [local] infile 'file.name'
     [ignore | replace ]
     into table tbl_nam
     _import options_
     [ ignore n lines ]
     [ (column_list) ]

... depending on your version of mysql.  I've seen suggestions on how
to use this in the manual.  It's how I got going.  Well, not with
replace, but with load data.

     TopQuark Software & Serv.  Contract programmer, server bum.
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Give up Spammers; I use procmail.