Dear List,

I did a data warehouse comparison of a number of databases a while back - for
full details of data structures and queries see :

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~markir

Altho I spent more time on Mysql than any of the others, I was not able to
optimize some aspects as much as I would have liked.

I would like to hear any ideas that might help me improve the results of
Mysql in a couple of areas :

1) Slow index creation
2) Poor optimizer choices for star queries with more that 1 dimension table

Things I tried :
- increasing sizes for sort/myisam sort/join/key/record buffers
- optimize table command

I used the standard table handler for all tables.

Any suggestions that help will be used to put a better result on the web site.

Thanks in advance

Mark