        I want to install MySQL on my PC. But I'm using Windows ME as
        operation system. So I downloaded the "Windows 95/98/NT/2000
(Intel)"-version.
        Was this correct?

        After installation I tried to start the server using following
        MS DOS-commando "C:\mysql\bin\mysqld". But I always get this error message:
        "Can't initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set" What did I
forget
        or wrong? Did I forget to create a file (my.cnf) ?

        The book I'm reading (about mysql-3_23_27) refers to a file called
"Infolist.txt".
        But c:\mysql doesn't contain such a file :(

How-To-Repeat:

Fix:

Synopsis:               Installation of MySQL
Submitter-Id:
Originator:             Hilmar
Category:               mysqld
Class:          support
Release:                mysql-3.23.41

Exectutable:    [mysqld, mysqld-shareware, mysqld-nt or mysqld-opt]
Environment:    <machine description>
System:         Windows ME
Compiler:       VC++ 6.0
Architecture:   i