Ryan,

if you can run the recovery inside gdb
with mysqld compiled with the gcc option -g
and print the stack trace with bt, it may help
me to see where the problem is and fix it.

If you have updated the primary key of a > 8000-byte
row then the table is certainly corrupt and cannot be
saved. But the problem may be also elsewhere.

As an emergency measure you could try starting
the database without the logs: move the logs elsewhere.
But that will result in a corrupt database, and it
might not stay up long, if it starts at all.

The only real help in this kind of situation
is having a backup and the MySQL binlog you can
use to roll forward the backup to the present.

I am sorry for the current problem, whatever it is.
The BLOB and TEXT support is not too reliable yet.

Regards,

Heikki

Copied message:
As stated on the bugs and fixes page on http://www.innodb.com/bugfixes.html
there is a problem with the latest innodb code that causes corruption when
doing updates... I believe I have run into that problem... First mysql would
hang.. and do nothing. After killing it and restarting it the error log
reads:

InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 10 2051892005
InnoDB: Starting an apply batch of log records to the database...
InnoDB: Apply batch completed

But hangs there again and mysql doesnt seem to come back up. I dont care
about the data being rolled back I just want to get the database back up and
running. Is there a way I can delete the rollback logs safely? Anyone know
how I can get the database back up quickly?

Thanks,
ryan