At 17:44 28-8-01 -0700, Gregg Baker wrote:
>Hi all, I just joined list. I spent a couple hours in the archive and
>decided MySQL better improve their install message regarding setting the
>root password! Half the posts are about it going badly. ;)

When installing from source you will get a messages telling you to set the
root password (mysql_install_db does this) but it is NOT mentioned in the
manual.txt
I didn't see it in the online manual but I didn't look to long..

Perhaps one of the maintainers could think about changing this.. everything
is explained in the docs except this little thing..

Bye,

B.