From: Allan Clark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 5:53 PM
To: Mike Tiffee; 'John Meyer'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Licensing terms for an Intranet site

Mike, John;

What mike is saying below seems quite true:

> "For normal internal use, MySQL costs nothing. You do not have to pay
us
> (them) if you do not want to."

That being said, Caldera PS has fielded clients who specifically ask for
MySQL; we also use a MySQL database on UnixWare as a repository for our
business data.  We "voted with our dollars" and purchased a license for
MySQL, even though we didn't need to.  In a get-what-you-pay-for market,
if MySQL works for you, you might consider such a purchase.  Better
chance of them being around tomorrow.

Allan Clark
Caldera Professional Services