I have tried to enable slow query logging for a couple days now, with no
success.

I have tried adding the line to the my.cnf file as well as stoppign the
service then starting it with the command line version.  Both ways, the
server refuses to restart.  I have checked the syntax over and over and I
think I have it correct!

[mysqld]
log-slow-queries=/root/slow-queries.log

and

/etc/usr/bin/safe_mysqld --log-slow-queries=/root/slow-queries.log

Either way, the server will not start.  I take the line out and it works
again.  What am I doing wrong?

Ryan Shrout
Owner - Amdmb.com
http://www.amdmb.com/