Greetings,

I am pretty new to MySQL, and am trying to set it up on a Linux box.
(RedHat)

I am having a problem with logging into databases. I have a root
password setup, and am able to access the database "mysql" with the
command "mysql mysql -p"

The problem is, I am trying to setup phpmyadmin, which, when accessed,
is unable to connect and gives a error of "MySQL said: Access denied for
user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)"

I am having issues with the access denied message as well as getting it
to accept my hostname. My hostname is "crayon" but only will allow
connecting to "localhost"

I have my hostname setup correctly in the hosts file in /etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Michael