Steps I took to create a database connection (which does not work yet):

I downloaded the driver for mySQL & put it in my system DSN.

Then I went to Frontpage 2002's Tools, Web Settings, Database. I selected
'Network Connection to DB Server'.  I selected mySQL driver, input my
server ip address & the database name.  I clicked Verify & it confirmed
the connection was OK.  After doing this, Frontpage created a global.asa
file which looks like an HTML page but is an ASP page.  When I published
this file to my web hoster's server, an error message said my web server
does not support .ASP files.  I said upload anyway & tested my site; my
query did not execute.  See below *.

Some documentation re: if your server does not support ASP says to go to
Tools, Page Options in Frontpage and uncheck ASP support. I don't know if
I should do this or not.  If Frontpage needs to use this global.asa file
for connectivity but my web hoster's server does not support ASP pages,
how do I connect????!

BTW, my web hoster supports Frontpage 2000 extensions & I have this
enabled on my web site setup.  As far as I know, I am not using Frontpage
2002 features at all in my web site.

I have contacted my web hoster & they just give me sites to go to like
mysql or php to read documentation, so they are not helping me at all
since I've read the relevant documentation & that's how I got this far by
myself but now I'm stuck!

* In the script below, the results I get on my site is that I can only
see "Here is the current schedule:"; nothing else is on the page!  I
don't get any errors! I changed the username & password below in order to
send this to you.

My .php script which I created a hyperlink to is:

<head>
charset=windows-1252">
<title>Dave's Schedule</title>
</head>
<?php
// Connect to the database server
$dbcnx = @mysql_connect("localhost", "fakename", "99999");
if (!$dbcnx) { echo( "<P>Unable to connect to the " . "database server at
this time.</P>" );
exit(); }
// Select Dave's database
if (! @mysql_select_db("dauerbac") ) { echo( "<P>Unable to locate the
schedule " . "database at this time.</P>" );
exit(); }
?>
<P> Here is the current schedule: </P>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<?php
// Request the students' schedules
$result = mysql_query( "SELECT First, Last, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Comments FROM  dauerbac`.`students` LIMIT 0,
30");
if (!$result) { echo("<P>Error performing query: " . mysql_error() .
"</P>");
exit(); }
// Display the text of each row in a paragraph
while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result) ) { echo("<P>" . $row["First,
Last, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Comments"] .
?>
</BLOCKQUOTE>