On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Ary Medeiros wrote:

> I'm porting an application to MySQL and I need to support transactions.
> I will appreciate so much if someone could give me some impressions about
> which one is better. BerkeleyDB or InnoDB?

I have to agree with the other poster on this.  When I first compared the
two, I found that on our tables (with relatively small rows, less than 60
bytes per), performance started to drop off rapidly after 10,000 rows, and
was horrible (1/10th the speed of InnoDB) by the time we reached 100,000
rows.  Since our application was to have millions of rows and needed
transaction support, we went with InnoDB.