At 10:33 05/09/2001 +0200, abadon wrote:
Hi,

>Hi,
>
>I have Windows NT 4.0 (build 1381/SP6a) running IIS4 Webserver (
>http://www.abadon.net or 212.30.85.173 ) connected via CableModem/LAN to
>Internet. I have also PHP ( Version 4.0.6 )scripting engine and MySQL server
>( Client API version 3.23.32 said PHP info page, but in WinMySQL admin Ver
>1.3 is : Server : 3.23.41-nt Client: 3.23.36 -

This means that the server is 3.23.41 release and the WinMySQLAdmin
that is the client was compiled with the 3.23.36 library. I will
update the libraries for the next release.

>but It doesen`t matter -
>MySQL working perfect without any problems or bugs ( info page is:
>http://212.30.85.173/phpinfo.php with UN "info" and PW "guest", `cause my
>server is not public, only developing ...).
>
>But my problem is: I have downloaded SourceCode for MySQL (
>mysql-3.23.41-win-src.zip ), unzip and open workspace with Visual C++ ( part
>of MS VisualStudio 6 Pro with SP 4 ) and rebuild all - without problem,
>excepcion one with describe:
>
>--------------------Configuration: strings - Win32 Debug--------------------
>Performing Custom Build Step on .\Strxmov.asm
>The name specified is not recognized as an
>internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
>Error executing e:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

This means that you don't have the MS Macro Assembler Compiler
in your environment to perform the custom build of strxmov.asm
file. In your strings project file you have instructions for the MASM
5.0 and if you don't have it, your options are:

- Change the strings.dsp and strings dsw files by the files you
   find in \strings\NOMASM directory. In this case you won't
   compile the strings stuff with the assembler.

- Get the Masm 6.x from Microsoft and change the custom command.
   You find instructions about at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/vs6sp5/faq.asp

   - If you have the MASM 6.x:

      - Right click over the strings project and click Set as Active
        Project.
      - Right click again and click Settings.
      - Open the strings tree.
      - Click over the Strings.asm file and at right side click the
        tab Custom Build.
        In the windows Commands, change the line:

        masm -Mx -t -DDOS386
-DM_I386     $(InputPath),$(Outdir)\$(InputName).obj,,,

        by the line below:

ml /Cx /nologo /DDOS386 /DM_I386 /Zm /coff /c
/Fo $(Outdir)\$(InputName).obj $(InputPath)

      - Do the same with the file Strxmov.asm.
      - Change the assembler command for the Win32 debug and release
        trees.

Regards,
Miguel

> [...]
>my_chsize.c
>my_clock.c
>Generating Code...
>Compiling...
>my_compress.c
>my_copy.c
>my_create.c
>my_delete.c
>my_div.c
>my_error.c
>my_fopen.c
>my_fstream.c
>my_getwd.c
>my_init.c
>my_lib.c
>my_lock.c
>my_lockmem.c
>my_lread.c
>my_lwrite.c
>my_malloc.c
>my_messnc.c
>my_mkdir.c
>my_net.c
>my_once.c
>Generating Code...
>Compiling...
>my_open.c
>my_pread.c
>my_pthread.c
>my_quick.c
>my_read.c
>my_realloc.c
>my_redel.c
>my_rename.c
>my_seek.c
>my_static.c
>my_tempnam.c
>my_thr_init.c
>my_vsnprintf.c
>my_wincond.c
>my_winthread.c
>my_write.c
>ptr_cmp.c
>queues.c
>Generating Code...
>Compiling...
>raid.cpp
>Generating Code...
>Compiling...
>safemalloc.c
>string.c
>thr_alarm.c
>thr_mutex.c
>thr_rwlock.c
>tree.c
>typelib.c
>Generating Code...
>Compiling...
>thr_lock.c
>Creating library...
>--------------------Configuration: regex - Win32 Debug--------------------
>Compiling...
>debug.c
>regcomp.c
>regerror.c
>regexec.c
>regfree.c
>reginit.c
>split.c
>Generating Code...
>Creating library...
>--------------------Configuration: strings - Win32 Debug--------------------
>Performing Custom Build Step on .\Strxmov.asm
>The name specified is not recognized as an
>internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
>Error executing e:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Miguel A. Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, FullTime Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Mogi das Cruzes - Săo Paulo, Brazil
        <___/   www.mysql.com