Hello all,

I am trying to integrate the mysql with php. As I am using the Red Hat
7.0, I know that they come pre-installed and pre-configured. When i
created test.php with the <?php phpinfo() ?> line, the page shows that
the php is able to recognize the presense of mysql. I created a small
table 'namelist' in a database named 'newone'. I am trying to read the
table through a php file. Here is the simple php page that i have
created for this purpose.

      <head>
      <title>Name List</title>
      </head>
      <?php
      $db=mysql_connect ("localhost","myname","mypassword");
      mysql_select_db ("newone",$db);
      $result = mysql_query ("select * from namelist");
      printf ("First Name: %s<br>\n", mysql_result($result,
      0, "firstname"));
      printf ("Last Name: %s<br>\n", mysql_result($result,
      0, "lastname"));
      ?>

It is producing the following bunch of errors.

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/var/www/html/namelist.php on line 7

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in
/var/www/html/namelist.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/var/www/html/namelist.php on line 9

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in
/var/www/html/namelist.php on line 9

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
/var/www/html/namelist.php on line 10
First Name:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
/var/www/html/namelist.php on line 11
Last Name:

Can any one tell me what causing it to generate these errors.

TIA

Chakravarthy Sannedhi
http://www.dpo.uab.edu/~kalyan