I've poked around some more and realized I copied the wrong mysql.server
file into the etc/rc.d/init.d folder, so that is all fine now, but I still
can't get it to autostart. I'm using Mandrake 8.0 and set the paths up
through webmin so I can stop and start it through the webmin interface.
TIA!

<http://www.sindiis.com/index.html>Sindi is : On the Web

<http://www.sindiis.com/~incubus/index.html>Incubus' Lair