Marjolein,

if you do not want to use transactional InnoDB tables,
add

skip-innodb

to the [mysqld] section of your my.cnf or my.ini.
Otherwise below are examples of setting:

To use InnoDB tables you must specify configuration parameters in the MySQL
configuration file in the [mysqld] section of the configuration file
`my.cnf'. Suppose you have a Windows NT machine with 128 MB RAM and a single
10 GB hard disk. Below is an example of possible configuration parameters in
`my.cnf' or 'my.ini' for InnoDB:

[mysqld]
# You can write your other MySQL server options here
# ...
#
innodb_data_home_dir = c:\ibdata
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:2000M;ibdata2:2000M
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
innodb_log_group_home_dir = c:\iblogs
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=30M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_arch_dir = c:\iblogs
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=80M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=10M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

Note that data files must be < 4G, and < 2G on some file systems! The
combined size of data files must be >= 10 MB. InnoDB does not create
directories: you have to create them yourself.

Regards,

Heikki
http://www.innodb.com