I just wanted to know how stable is mysql databse replication is?  What we
have in mind is a tiered system.

$master (california)-<(internet ssh tunnel)
                                \$slave (texas)<
                                                10 other slave machines on
the same network
                                                (running 5 separate db per
machine)

                                \$slave (san fransisco)<
                                                10 other slave machines on
the same network
                                                (running 5 separate db per
machine)

                                \$slave (new york)<
                                                10 other slave machines on
the same network
                                                (running 5 separate db per
machine)

How fesible would this be? and has anyone worked with replication on a large
scale?

We're dealing with 2500 tables about 65k total records
Read/Write to the master will be like 50 per second

Any input or links to documentation is much appreciated.