Hello,

I read that version 3.23 and later do accent insensitive searches when
using LIKE in the query.

However, I'm still having problems getting accent insensitive searches to work.

I made a test page:  http://www.sedl.org/accents.html

to search a small database of names.  There are four names, each entered
twice, with one version of each name including an accent over one of the
vowels.

When I search for Jose (with accented e) it finds the unaccented Jose, but
not the accented version.

Very strange.  Is this a characterset issue? or some other setting?

The system says its running MySQL 3.23.41
Client characterset: latin1
Server characterset: latin1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,