Deryck,

Since you already got a reply that it can't be done, here's a suggestion how it
*could* be done (jus a general approach - since you mention usnig ASP):

- use an SQL command to gather all the table names in the database
- store the names in a list or array (ASP)
- use ASP to loop over the list
- for each %tablename% do teh SQL command (fill in the table name):
        SELECT * FROM %tablename% WHERE User = 'username'

I don't use ASP myself, but the same general approach could be used with ASP, PHP,
CFML, or any other server-side language.

Cheers,

At 21:09 2001-09-08 -0500, Deryck Henson wrote:
>How do I select all of the tables in a database and use a whre clause like
>this??::
>
>SELECT * FROM alltables(substitute with command) WHERE User = 'username'
>
>I need this for my site (Code Cafe- Free source code) so that the user can
>see all the code he has uploaded.  It is done in ASP, but all I need is the
>sql query string.  Thanx
>
>- Deryck H
>- http://www.comp-u-exchange.com

Marjolein Katsma      [EMAIL PROTECTED]