Hello,

I'm still having problems with MySQL 3.23 being accent sensitive
during searches.  However, I'm now tested to ensure I'm getting the
correct accented search term to MySQL.

Here's my test page, which includes a small database of names with 2
entries per name, one including an accented vowel.

   http://www.sedl.org/accents.html

If you search for "Jose" (no accent on the e) you get Jose (no accent)

If you search for "José" (with accent on the é) you get José (with accent)

At first, I thought it might be a problem with MySQL not recieveing
the accented value in the search term correctly, but that still
doesn't answer why searching for "Jose" (no accent) doesn't act like
a wildcard to pull up the record with the accented value as well as
the unaccented value.

Brian

Brian Litke
Web Administrator
Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL)
(800 or 512) 476-6861 x-260
http://www.sedl.org/