On Monday 10 September 2001 09:43, Rodrigo Zerlotti wrote:
> here it is...
>
> ---------
> Regards,

Rodgrigo:

Thanks for a bug report. We will try to get this fixed in 3.23.43. Next time,
please write to [EMAIL PROTECTED] when you find a bug and have a test case
for it. This address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) is reserved for paying customers.

Joshua and other users:

Please do not advise others to use [EMAIL PROTECTED] to users without a
support contract as a way to get personal help from MySQL AB when other
methods do not work. We usually reply to such messages with a template, and
in some near future will have a filter that will check for valid support
contract info and reply with a template if it is not present.

We have also had a problem with users asking a support question on
[EMAIL PROTECTED] after they got no answer on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This is also against the rules. [EMAIL PROTECTED] is reserved for
discussion of internal ( not client application) MySQL development, and
should not be used as a way to get free support from developers from MySQL AB
and experienced users that subscribe to the list.

If you have sent a question to the general list ( [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and
nobody answers it, you should do one or more of the following:

 * consider purchasing a support contract at https://order.mysql.com/
 * re-state the question providing more relevant information, or in other
words, make it easier to answer it
 * spend some time studying the manual, the source code, and doing some
troubleshooting to try to understand how things work
 * if you think you have found a bug, follow instructions at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/B/u/Bug_reports.html to create a repeatable bug
report. Once you have a test case, you can write it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
if you have a test case, we will work with you on the bug until it is fixed
regardless of whether you have a support contract or not. The only difference
is that without a support contract, we ask you to do the homework and give us
a full test case.

In short, we provide free code, but we cannot afford to give free support to
go along.

--
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/