Hi,

I'm getting this error with Mysql when trying to connect using a TCP
connection (not localhost connection):

"ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

This only happens on our Solaris Intel boxes. Our installations on
Solaris Sparc work fine. Also, if we downgrade to MySQL 3.22, this error
goes away. Connections to localhost always work fine, this only happens
on TCP connections. We are also compiling with Sun CC compiler.

Is this a known issue?

We are able to reproduce the problem on Intel Solaris 7 and 8, and
tested both MySQL 3.23.32 and 3.23.48.

configuration parameters:

CC=cc                                       \
CXX=CC                                      \
CFLAGS="-O -I${PREFIX}/include -I/usr/local/include"                \
CXXFLAGS="-O -I${PREFIX}/include -I/usr/local/include"              \
CPPFLAGS="-I${PREFIX}/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/openwin/include/X11"  \
LDFLAGS="-s -L${PREFIX}/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-R${PREFIX}etc/mysql/lib:${PREFIX}/lib:/usr/local/lib" \
    ./configure                             \
    --prefix=${PREFIX}/etc/mysql                        \
    --without-debug                             \
    --without-bench                             \
    --with-mysqld-user=mysql                        \
    --with-libwrap                              \
    --enable-thread-safe-client                     \
    --enable-large-files                            \
    --with-berkely-db

Monte

--
Monte Ohrt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>