On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 01:45:30PM -0700, Dana Powers wrote:
> And my question is, if you've defined your column to have (10,2) precision,
> why would you try to insert a higher precision number?

Perhaps he's writing a report, and the application needs to know the
size of the data to expect.  It's not unreasonable to expect that if
the database says a field is a certain width, then you won't get data
wider than that.

Sure, someone inserted data into the database that was too wide.  But
for the database to give that data back, wider than it says is
allowed, is a plain ol' bug.

--Pete