Hello:

I am runnin' a mysql DB with about 90mil entries. on a 1Ghz system with 1G
ram, it takes forever to get anything out, i have even tryed selecting the
data into a file.  Is there any tricks/tips anyone can give me for managing
large DB's? It also likes to crash tables every month or so to =)

I was reading in the manual that u could up some of the cache sizes,
/usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql -O key_buffer=64M -O
table_cache=256 \
-O sort_buffer=4M -O record_buffer=1M &

would making any of these bigger help at all?