Hi!

Adams,> Peter Zaitsev wrote:
>> I'm quite lucky with providing with bad tables which does not repear
>> properly or having other strange behavior.

Adams,> Sometimes when myisamchk does not work (or it says it has repaired the table
Adams,> but it quickly become corrupted again), I find that dumping and reloading
Adams,> the table is the best, sure way to repair it.

Any chance you could spend one hour next time this happens and try to
create a testcase that crashes the table again?

If there is a bug in MyISAM, we would REALLY like to find it!

Doing myisamchk -r should provide you with the same index and datafile
as if you use mysqldump, so I can't see how this could be relevant.

Are you sure you didn't use myisamchk -r at the same time MySQL had
open/was using the table ?

Regards,
Monty