>Can someone give me a quick *complete* example code of setting up a
>connection, performing a small query, and reading back the result?

Any of the standard MySQL clients included in the source distribution
that are written in C provide examples.  Some are more brief than others.

Another source of short examples can be found at:

http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-book/

Get the samp_db distribution.

>The docs conflict in a few places as far as how to declare the data types.

Where?

>  (in some places, they are pointers, in others they are not).  Also,
>the examples, sadly, just aren't very good.  And there is no example
>for
>mysql_use_result().  (the example code uses mysql_store_result())

Which examples aren't good?  Which ones show these discrepancies?

Note that the absence of a * doesn't necessarily mean something
is _not_ a pointer.  It might be a typedef.

--
Paul DuBois, [EMAIL PROTECTED]