I suggest downloading/installing the MySql ADO library (available from a
link off mysql.com downloads).  Then you can write ASP pages (using ado
objects) to interact with your mysql database.

Before my suggestion catches the ire of all the php/linux snobs, I must
point out that our friend wants to use PWS (i.e. IIS-Lite).  I say when in
Redmond do as the Redmondites do... and our friend is definitely in Redmond!

I must also point out that since you don't seem to have much invested in
PWS, perhaps you might consider whether another web server would better
suite your needs.  You could, for instance, download Apache and PHP and take
a different road altogether.  One advantage to this would be that you will
certainly find more examples of people using these technologies with mysql
than you will ado/asp.  In either event, you should definitely look for a
less restrictive hosting arrangement.

Good luck.

Will French