> Hi all, mysql-team
> i have a very very complicated problem , hope to be clear.
>   i have a file report (.txt) with about 200,000 data about books (title,
> clasif, year, publisher, authors, subjects, etc etc) without tabs or
> separation, i built a parser to split each field and works fine.
>   After each sequential parsing (one book) i upload that info to the
> database but in 5 tables (verifying duplication, ids, etc):
>                       book
>                       author
>                       subject
>                       book-author (relationship)
>                       book-subject (relationship)
>
>   When i reach the book number 11500 (aprox) mysql shows a deepth fall in
> performance , each insertion takes 30 segs or more, even with/without
>   First i though that parsing takes longer, so i parsed the entire file and
> generated a java serialized file, then just inserted to db but was
> unsuccessfully , still the same performance.
>
>       I have calculated the total number of rows for each table and is about
> 200,000 for books, 150,000 for authors , 130,000 for subjects and relations
> can have 250,000 each one.
>
>   Any have an idea of how can i upload this information quickly ???
>
>   I'll really appreciate any advise.

Run top - what is eating up CPU, the client or the server? If client, you
have a bug that you will have to fix, probably a memory leak, or some
inefficient algorithm. If server, isolate the problem to a few lines of code
in Perl and PHP, and publish it as a benchmark of poor MySQL performance -
this will get us going on the investigation without a support contract.

Note that our policy is that without a support contract, we do not track down
user bugs. We will, however, work with anybody if they can produce a test
case or a benchmark that will demonstrate a bug or poor performance in a way
that we can easily reproduce on our systems.

--
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/