Hi,

I am working with an internal database. We add a user using the
following statements:

create database name_of_database;

GRANT alter, create, delete, drop, insert, select, update, index ON
name_of_database TO username@localhost identified by "password" with
grant option;

GRANT alter, create, delete, drop, insert, select, update, index ON
name_of_database TO username@%.ourdomain.com identified by "password"
with grant
option;

flush privileges;

First of all, the second statement gives an error message. What is the
correct syntax for adding user@%.ourdomain.com?

Also, when logging in as the newly created user, I can't create any
tables under the newly created database. If I go into phpMyAdmin and
give a "create" permission to the new user, that user gets it on all
databases, which I don't want.

I am very, very frustrated. I just want each user to have their own
database that they can do whatever they want with, without letting them
see all the other databases. I know this is possible.

Please help.

Thanks,
Erica