I have written some ISAPI filters and extensions that use the MySQL C
API.  By using the MySQL C API, you don't need to install MyODBC, and your
data access will be a little faster, compared to MyODBC.  The C API also is
extremely easy to use.

I have, however, found an apparent problem with the MySQL client library
(libmysql.dll).  Just initializing the library through mysql_init() creates
some havoc that causes Internet Information Server to crash on
reboot.  Everything else seems to be working fine, but this certainly could
point to a more serious problem.  I have tried to contact whoever handles
the Windows port at MySQL, but haven't been able to find a contact person
so far. If anybody has a name or email address, please forward it to me.

Regards,

MH