Hi.

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 11:20:24AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> # at 4
> #010917  0:46:33 server id  1   Start: binlog v 1, server v 3.23.36-log
> created 010917  0:46:33
>
> Now, what is the issue here? Are these log files getting created each time
> the server restarts?

Yes, as you can read here:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/B/i/Binary_log.html

> And if so, why would my server restart so much on its own?
> I have only restarted it once...

Normally it shouldn't restart. If the server crashes or terminates due
to another reason, the start script might try to restart it
automatically to reduce downtime.

You may get some info from the error log file, should be in the same
directory.

Bye,

        Benjamin.

--