Hi,

I am looking into using optimization of the GCC 2.95.3 for I686 as

-O3 -mpentiumpro

to compile an optimize version of MySQL.

But as I look around, I see that some user warned about using this as they
said there is bug in GCC for I686 optimization.

Any information you can pass to me on that? Is it still true for the 2.95.3.
I know that the 2.95.2 had issues, but I want to check for the this.

Also, as I am on the subject, what about using the GCC 3.01. Any better with
good result so far.

Any one?

Thanks

Daniel