Hello, All

I  built a spammer cgi some time ago that sends opt-in email to a list
of recipients stored in a member account db. It has ran fine in the
past. However, recently it is generating 2013 errors (Lost connection to
Mysql server during query) .

The script works by accepting news letter query info via a cgi that
forks a child process which then queries, inserts and updates info into
the db in order to actively mail the queue of recipients in the
background. The main process closes STDOUT and tells the user running
the email campaign that they will be notified when the child process
finishes.

Recently this script has been generating 2013 after the child runs its
very first sql call which happens to be an insert into the table listed
below.

I have recently upgraded the system on which this runs on. The latest
stable versions of perl, DBI, DBD and Mysql are all installed and
active.

Has anyone seen this before? I saw a similar posting on dejanews but
unfortunately it was in Russian which is not exactly my first language
:(

Here is the query that is causing the 2013 as a DBI binding string
    $promotion_sth = $dbh->prepare('INSERT
                                    INTO
                                        promotion

(title,message,recipients,country,state,age_code_id,gende
r,waiver_flag,creator_member_id,date_created)
                                    VALUES
                                        (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,NOW())');

Here is the error as shown w/ DBI->trace(3):
    -> disconnect for DBD::mysql::db
(DBI::db=HASH(0x103b5e68)~0x103bdbac)
imp_dbh->svsock: 101414e8
    ERROR EVENT 2013 'Lost connection to MySQL server during query' on
DBI::st=HASH(0x1039b900)
Lost connection to MySQL server during query error 2013 recorded: Lost
connection to MySQL server during query
    <- dbd_st_execute -2 rows
    !! ERROR: 2013 'Lost connection to MySQL server during query'
    <- execute= undef at spammer.cgi line 161
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during
query at /home/hotbacon/admin-cgi/spammer.cgi line 161.
    -> errstr in DBD::_::common for DBD::mysql::db
(DBI::db=HASH(0x103b5e68)~0x103bdbac)
    <- errstr= ( 'Lost connection to MySQL server during query' ) [1
items] at spammer.cgi line 161
Lost connection to MySQL server during query at
/home/hotbacon/admin-cgi/spammer.cgi line 161.

And Here is the structure of the table that is being inserted into:
+-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------+-----+---------------------+----------------+

| Field             |
Type
| Null | Key | Default             | Extra          |
+-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------+-----+---------------------+----------------+

| promotion_id      | mediumint(6)
unsigned
|      | PRI | NULL                | auto_increment |
| title             |
varchar(150)
|      |     |                     |                |
| message           |
mediumtext
|      |     |                     |                |
| recipients        |
enum('members','non_members','all_members','serious_street','occasional_street','all_street')
|      |     | members             |                |
| country           |
varchar(30)
| YES  |     | NULL                |                |
| state             |
char(2)
| YES  |     | NULL                |                |
| age_code_id       |
tinyint(2)
| YES  |     | NULL                |                |
| gender            |
enum('m','f')
| YES  |     | NULL                |                |
| waiver_flag       |
enum('1','0')
| YES  |     | NULL                |                |
| date_created      |
datetime
|      |     | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |                |
| creator_member_id | int(9)
unsigned
| promotion_type    |
enum('email','web','street')
|      |     | email               |                |

regards and thanx,
-amen