Help!

I've been using SQL in Access and related programs using ODBC
for some years now.  Basic stuff but I find it quite straightforward.

I've now moved over, (against my will) to a PHP/MySql setup on a
web site.

I've been able to get the basic website working although God
knows how, but to develop other services on the web site I need to
be able to work locally on my Win 98 machine.

I use Dreamweaver Ultradev.  I cannot get any sort of a connection
locally, using PWS and MySQL server.

Is there anyone who can point me to a hand-holding site that takes
me through the connection process.  Once connected I can deal
with the  SQL side of things.

Regards
Bernard Davis BA, M.Phil.
http://www.authorware.org.uk