----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernard Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 12:50 PM
Subject: Absolute beginner moving from Access

> I've been able to get the basic website working although God
> knows how, but to develop other services on the web site I need to
> be able to work locally on my Win 98 machine.
>
> I use Dreamweaver Ultradev.  I cannot get any sort of a connection
> locally, using PWS and MySQL server.

And how exactly were you planning to do that? If memory serves me, Ultradev
produces ASP code - is that what you were planning to do? At the very least,
you're going to need an ODBC connection (to your MySQL server) on the same
machine as the PWS server (which I assume you know how to create).

Once the connection is there, you should be able to designate that as your
datasource, from within UltraDev. Realize that UltraDev attempts to make use
of some ADO properties and methods that are not yet supported by MySQL, but
you should be able to create the initial connection fairly easily.

If you need an ASP tutorial, let the list know - I'm sure that there are
some resources for that already out there.

Good Luck,

Dennis Salguero
Beridney Computer Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]