Hi,

I use the Leszynski/Reddick conventions when programming front ends. We have
made changes to the table definitions, so that the prefix refers to the
table instead. The example would look like this:

tblNews
newID
newusrID
newPosted
newSubject
newContent

tblUser
usrID
usrnewID
usrName

This gives the very nice property that every field in the database is
unique, which again means that you can skip most table references. I only
skip table references for readability.

Eg.
SELECT usrName, newSubject
FROM tblNews INNER JOIN tblUser ON usrnewID = newID

Cheers

Mikkel