Hi everyone,

I realise that a number of people have already asked this but as it was a
while ago thought more info may now be available:

Is there any documentation for the MyISAM C API yet apart from the source
code?

In previous discussions of accessing MyISAM directly I see 2 issues that are
frequently highlighted, the first being that the API is not available in
client/server mode which does not affect my project and the second being
that it is not possible to access the same data through SQL and MyISAM at
the same time because of concurrency problems.  This could be a major issue.
Could anyone expand on this point?  I can see from the source code that
there is locking provided through calls to the MyISAM library, does anyone
have any info on this?

I would be grateful for any information, particularly from anyone who has
directly accessed (or attempted to directly access) MyISAM databases,
reading and writing records.

Thanks,

Wendy