Hi!

>Michael Blood wrote:
>
>> I am running 3.23.40 on a dual pentium III 800 with 1 GB Ram.
>>
>> I have been getting an table handler returns error 127 error
>>
>> If I fix the table with myisamchk -r or -o it will work for a while and then
>> I will get the same error again.
>
>Try dumping and restroing the table.
>(backup your database files)
>mysqldump --add-drop-table -q db table >tmp.sql
>(possibly remove the table.* files here)
>mysql db <tmp.sql
>
>You may also want to either start mysqld with the flush option or run the SQL
>"FLUSH TABLES" before a program exit or occasionally while running.
>
>b.

What is your operating system version?

Linux kernel 2.2.14 probably has bugs in its i/o system.
Upgrading to a newer kernel version might help, though
people have reported disk corruption also from newer
kernels.

Are you using a binary compiled by MySQL AB? Some gcc
versions require right compiler flags to produce stable
code.

Regards,

Heikki