Heikki Tuuri wrote:

> Hi!
>
> >Michael Blood wrote:
> >
> >> I am running 3.23.40 on a dual pentium III 800 with 1 GB Ram.
> >>
> >> I have been getting an table handler returns error 127 error
> >>
> >> If I fix the table with myisamchk -r or -o it will work for a while and then
> >> I will get the same error again.
> >
> >Try dumping and restroing the table.
> >(backup your database files)
> >mysqldump --add-drop-table -q db table >tmp.sql
> >(possibly remove the table.* files here)
> >mysql db <tmp.sql
> >
> >You may also want to either start mysqld with the flush option or run the SQL
> >"FLUSH TABLES" before a program exit or occasionally while running.
> >
> >b.
>
> What is your operating system version?
>
> Linux kernel 2.2.14 probably has bugs in its i/o system.
> Upgrading to a newer kernel version might help, though
> people have reported disk corruption also from newer
> kernels.
>
> Are you using a binary compiled by MySQL AB? Some gcc
> versions require right compiler flags to produce stable
> code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Heikki

Hi,

In January, we installed MySQL 3.23.30 on Linux 2.2.14
(RedHat 6.2) on a bi-processor production machine and we
had a lot of table corruption problems; these problems seem to
appear under high load only since we were not able to reproduce
it on our integration platforms. These corruption problems
disappeared when we rebooted in single-processor mode.

Last week, we have upgraded this database server to Linux 2.4.3
(RedHat 7.1 with kernel update) and it is now running in dual
processor mode without any problem.

As a side effect, MySQL is also much more stable. It used to
crash (signal 11) almost once per day even in single processor mode,
it is now running since we booted the machine 8 days ago.

Hope this helps
--
Joseph Bueno
NetClub/Trader.com