Hello David!

> As subject what do I do if I want a field called (for example)
> Competition ID?
>
> I have looked (http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/R/CREATE_TABLE.html) but to no
> avail.
> I have tried enclosing it in "quotes" and 'single quotes' but neither
> work.  Can this be done?

Wrong doc. :) Try http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/e/Legal_names.html

That says that with a few limitations 'any legal file name' under your OS
is fine.

But what does 'neither work' mean? Exactly what error do you see at what
point in the process? Creating the table? Accessing the table? Do't just
type in the error, use copy/paste.

Just for fun, try quoting with `backtick.` That's mentioned related to
'special' chars and maybe space is such.

Have a :) day!

jb

ob-filter-words: database sql

--