I have some hanger data that can be grouped by a common column to get back a list of
multiple values. These values are logically one data set belonging to parent data.
Nothing strange about that. Now I want to make an exclusionary query over those
multi-value sets. For instance, I've got data like this:

    # colors
    +-----+--------+
    |  id | data   |
    +-----+--------+
    |   1 | red    |
    |   1 | orange |
    |   1 | yellow |
    |     |        |
    |   2 | blue   |
    |   2 | grean  |
    |   2 | purple |
    |     |        |
    |   3 | violet |
    |   3 | pink   |
    |   3 | blue   |

I'd like to be able to get back all of the IDs that don't have 'blue', which would be
just ID 1. Obviously, this doesn't work:

  select * from color where data != 'blue';

I'm at the point where I'm thinking about post-processing the data programatically,
but that's a difficult solution for a variety of reasons.

---
Rodney Broom
Programmer: Desert.Net

Spam Filter: SQL