Hi Group,

I am new to mysql, and would like you all to give some time
in resolving my trouble. I am stuck up with a problem of
designing stores database for a big company.The company is
located in different places and wants web-based insertion,
retrival and maintaining of data and records in the
database.

I am worried of the performance and speed of quering the
database and getting displayed on the browser, as they have
around 25 million records in the database.

I need to know:
1) What is the maximum storage capacity of MySQL,
2) How will be the performance for this type of huge
database, where web-based frontend is used and what can be
done so has to increase the performance.
3) How to speed-up the querying time, as the queryed
results are manipluated through scripts and displayed on
web browser.
4) How can it be tuned for a better performance.

As, i am still in the planning stage with the details of my
client as above, i have to decide on with wich database i
should proceed.

I would also want to know will MySQL is capable of
withstanding the load:
1) As so many users from different locations will be
querying and getting results on web.
2) Even they are users who will be adding data to the
database.
3) Some scripts will be working in the background to
generate reports automatically by querying again to the
database.

And, let me also know what will be the realistic approach
to proceed forward.