I'm running MySQL 3.23.41 on Win95 (just upgraded from an earlier 3.23 beta, in case
that would solve the problem).  I have a moderately complex query that causes the
MySQL server to crash when I execute it.  (invalid page fault in module MYSQLD-OPT.EXE)

The same query works fine on a Redhat version of MySQL I have access to.  It's
definitely not a syntax error (not that a syntax error should crash the database
server).  It even gives me the correct results.

If I systematically remove a piece at a time from the SELECT portion, I can eventually
come up with a working query.  But I can't narrow it down to one part in particular.
Certain combinations work, and certain ones lead to this consistent crash.  I just
haven't identified a pattern.

I tried dropping the database, then rebuilding it from a txt dump I made from my
production version of the database (the Redhat one).  Didn't help.  The same query
causes the same crash in Win95.

I'm stumped.  Does anyone know of a known issue with Win32 MySQL that would cause
this?  Is there some way I can re-order my query to avoid this problem?  I'm
paralyzed, now not being able to run my application in my development environment.

Thanks immensely to anyone who can help!

- Ken