mbb writes:

> When you design a couple of tables to be related to one another via keys do
> you have to manually enter in the key value from the other table?
[...]
> so that I can relate the tables... when I'm entering data into Table2, do I
> have to enter in the corresponding value from Table1_ID?  Is there a way to
> tell the database that those two fields are connected, and to just copy the
> info over???

Well, there's absolutely no way for the database to know to what
row in table1 the row in table2 should be connected unless you
tell it. Thus, you must tell it. It's only one little number after
all, at least as long as you use some form of INT for your primary
keys.

//C - hopes everything is clearer than his sinuses

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/