Hi,

We have several mysql server in production evironment, and most of them
when they have millions of rows, they all get MyIsam tables corrupted.

One of the servers has ext2 filesystem with scsi harddrives, after the
myisamchk -r it repairs the table, but after a few inserts it will
corrupt again. the file is not bigger than 2gb.

all other servers have software raid5 and xfs filesystems, same
situation as above happens, except for one of them that mysql
segmentation faults if the /var/lib/mysql (databases dir) is on the raid
partition, if we move them into a non-raid partition it will start mysql
and function properly except for the corruption issue.

We tried differente tests and in all tests, very huge tables get
corrupted, all the tests were made with mysql-3.23.43 in redhat with xfs
and ext2, and with raid and non raid partitions.

All servers are intel pentium 3 based with mem from 512Mb up to 1Gb.

I would expect some solutions or quick fixes for now so the tables don't
corrupt so often, and would like to know if it is a mysql problem or a
third party software, but all leads into a mysql problem.

Thanks in advance.

Rui Barreiros.