Rui Barreiros wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have several mysql server in production evironment, and most of them
> when they have millions of rows, they all get MyIsam tables corrupted.
>
> One of the servers has ext2 filesystem with scsi harddrives, after the
> myisamchk -r it repairs the table, but after a few inserts it will
> corrupt again. the file is not bigger than 2gb.

When I occasionally get tables like this:

o Use mysqldump --opt db table >/tmp/table.sql; mysql db <table.sql to
really fix it.  If the table is big you may need to use the unix utility
'split'.  Of course, please understand what the commands are doing before
running them.  And you may want to back up your db files before doing this.

o If you still have problems, try adding a 'flush tables' after a bunch of
inserts or before the program exits.

--Bill