Hello everyone,

I have a question with regards to the InnoDB data files.
I have the following in my.ini file.

innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:200M
innodb_data_home_dir = c:/innodb_data

I just want to know the following.  Does it mean that I have 200Mb allocated space to
store all the InnoDB data in? What happens if I exceed 200Mb?  Can I alter the size in
the future, once I define a size for it?

Also, if I had

innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:200M; ibdata2:200M

And my data exceeded 200M, would the rest of the data transfer over to data2?

What is the best configuration, having multiple datafiles that are small in size or
have one datafile which will be big.

Thanks,

Oganes Demirchyan
Motorola Life Science