Has anyone been able to get mysql-3.23.44 running on the Sparc platform
Solaris 8?  I've tried both binary and source distro's with no luck. I've
made the recomended changes from the Readme's and Install files as well as
searched google high and low. I still get the same failures.

>From the source distro I get the following durring ./configure
SNIP----
checking return type of sprintf... configure: error: can not run test
program while cross compiling

>From the binary distro I get the following scripts/mysql_install_db
SNIP-----
Preparing db table
Preparing host table
Preparing user table
Preparing func table
Preparing tables_priv table
Preparing columns_priv table
Installing all prepared tables
ld.so.1: ./bin/mysqld: fatal: libz.so.1: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed
Installation of grant tables failed!

I went to zlib.org and got zlib and installed it but that doesn't seem to
help. Any clues???