Hellow everyone,

I have got a problem building MySQL 4.0 under FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE. So whats
went wrong:
I was trying to build mysql from a source tarball which i downloaded,
unpacked it and created a standart build script
which i use to build mysql on our servers:

==[cat build.sh]==
#!/bin/sh
CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O2 -fno-strength-reduce" \
CXX=gcc
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -fno-strength-r
educe" \
./configure \
--prefix=/vhost \
--bindir=/vhost/bin \
--sbindir=/vhost/usr/sbin \
--libexecdir=/vhost/usr/libexec \
--datadir=/vhost/usr/share \
--sysconfdir=/vhost/etc \
--localstatedir=/vhost/usr/db \
--libdir=/vhost/usr/lib \
--includedir=/vhost/usr/include \
--infodir=/vhost/usr/info \
--mandir=/vhost/usr/man \
--enable-assembler \
--with-mysqld-user=mysql \
--with-charset=cp1251 \
--with-extra-charsets=koi8_ru,latin1 \
--with-berkeley-db \
--with-vio \
--with-openssl \
--without-docs \
--without-bench

==[end]==

The configure script found everything it needed and i typed gmake and the
process began...
when it entered the directory sql in source distribution it ended up with an
error in the file
item_strfunc.cc exactly on 1024 line which says char *tmp=crypt(...) the
error was that the function was already declared and should return int (not
a char * as a standart unistd.h crypt() function) in config.h everything to
my opinion was ok: HAVE_CRYPT 1, HAVE_UNISTD_H 1, HAVE_CRYPT_H not defined.
I tried not to build mysql with ssl
support and everything went fine... so i can presume that there is a
confilct with openssl crypt() and standart crypt() function? Does anyone had
a problem like this? I even tried to get the newly sources by using bk, but
nothning changed.
OpenSSL verion used: 0.9.6

---
  Best regards,